Do you remember the thrill of a new box of crayons? You can make that happen for a student in Milwaukee. July brings the opportunity to help students start the school year prepared, confident, and ready to learn. Donations should be placed in the narthex by July 31.
June brings the opportunity to support those in need through our High School Mission Trip. Items being collected are listed below. There is a designated tote in the narthex to collect these items. Thank you for your support!
· New clothing items and ways to carry them: white tube socks, new plain white t-shirts, flip flops, backpacks
· Toiletries: soap, shampoo, hand sanitizer, deodorant
· Cleaning: paper towels, tissue packs, toilet paper, unopened cleaning supplies, rubber gloves, laundry detergent
· Fun Things: arts and craft supplies, small safe toys, playing cards
· Baby Things: diapers, diaper cream, formula, soft baby items like wash cloths, blankets, hats, socks, etc.
We generally do a cookie drive in the month of March for Luther Manor. However there is no cookie cart right now with the COVID restrictions. As we are all aware, the virus has been particularly tough on residents in senior care facilities. They have experienced isolation and loneliness – many of these people have not seen their families in almost a year. In the past, we’ve made Easter cards for them, but we decided to make this even more special and personalized for this Easter season.
We are asking St. John’s to make and donate gift or “goodie” bags with either an Easter or springtime theme. We have so many gifted craftspeople at our church, and their creativity is endless. For those, like me, who are “craft-challenged”, you can find delightful gifts, notions, and gift bags at stores like The Dollar Tree. Check out the flyer for a list of gift ideas and suggestions.
We ask that you assemble your own bag and drop it at church in the designated box near the main (preschool) entrance by March 31. Please contact Mary Tollander with any questions. Thanks!